This guide, while published in the Public Preview knowledge base category, is applicable to both Preview and live experiences. Don’t worry what you learn on your first iotQi project will carry forward to all future projects… let there be many!
The Basic Steps
- Go to iotQi Setup at setup.loouq.com
- Click on the Register link to create an account. The registration process also automatically creates a “Maker” subscription.
- Verify your account by replying to the iotQi address verification email.
- Create your device in Setup. This will provide you with the iotQi connection string and secure access code you will need for your device to converse with iotQi.
- Choose your device from our GitHub library at the LooUQ GitHub. A good way to start if you are familiar with Visual Studio is to start with the .NET client, which can be run from your workstation.
- Use the appropriate development environment for your device to build the iotQi sample application and see iotQi in action.
- Start your engines…
- Use iotQi Console (console.loouq.com) to view your data and command your device.
- Use the iotQi Web API (https://webapi.loouq.com) to command and interact with your device.
- Now start modifying your device application to make it part of Your Internet of Things.
- iotQi Registration and Account Setup
- Merging Accounts (soon)
- Using Postman with the iotQi Web API (soon)
- Using CURL with the iotQi Web API (soon)
- iotQi Devices: Arduino (soon)
- iotQi Devices: Raspberry PI with Windows IoT Core (soon)
- iotQi Devices: .NET (soon)